Did you know that the kind of coffee you drink says a lot about your personality?
Over the years we have been drinking coffee as part of our daily routine to kick start off the day and get the creative juices flowing. Little did we know that the type of coffee you drink says a lot about your character. For example, people who are trendsetters, adventurous, perfectionistic and sensitive are most likely to opt for Cappuccinos and Lattes, the type of coffee most South Africans are associated with.
Research has shown that drinking coffee is good for your health. Not only does a couple of cups a day reduce your risk of a heart attack, even the aroma of a coffee can make you feel less stressed. But, did you know that the type of coffee you drink can reveal a lot about your personality? A recent study conducted by California State University on 1,000 coffee enthusiasts assessed what types of coffee people typically drank and associated those habits with numerous psychological traits and personality profiles. So, what does the way you take your coffee say about you? Find out below as Nespresso breaks it down for us.
- Black Coffee – Black coffee fans are simple, straightforward purists with a clear sense of what they want. People who opt for an Americano tended to be more pragmatic, patient and minimalistic. Of all the participants in the study, black coffee drinkers are more likely to be introverted. They are calm and conscientious but may be prone to moodiness.
- Espresso – Espresso drinkers are characterised as bold, intense and well-travelled. The character of these coffee lovers tended to mimic the properties of the espresso – strong and complex, ostentatious and assertive. Espresso drinkers are self-assured, hard-working and tend to challenge leadership. They are also more likely to have a fondness for travel.
- Cappuccinos and Lattes – The key characteristics of these caffeine aficionados are trendsetting, adventurous, perfectionistic and sensitive. If you have a taste for sweet, frothy coffee varieties, you are more than likely to be extroverted. These creative, honest and motivated people will try anything once and are excellent friends but can be perfectionistic and lose interest quickly.
- Flavoured Coffees – People with a penchant for flavoured coffees have been shown to be creative, imaginative, impulsive and prone to stress. They are daydreamers, artists and inventors. Like most creatives, this group tends to be whimsical and impulsive. Sensitive in nature, these coffee drinkers are people-pleasers and can be indecisive.
- Decaf – Key characteristics of decaf coffee drinkers are cautious, observant and pedantic. Why opt for a decaf? Aside from sensitivities to caffeine, this group reported that they enjoy the taste of coffee but not the effect. This indicates that a decaf drinker tends to seek control – both over themselves and others. These keen observers are confident and know what they want. While composed, decaf drinkers are likely to obsess over the finer details and prone to worry.
Whatever your personality or preference, Nespresso has the perfect coffee to match your taste. For more information, visit Nespresso.
Source: Nespresso. Image: Pixabay.