If you’ve been wondering who Henny C is, below are ten things about the award-winning artist that will bring you up to speed.
- Henny C was raised in the neighbourhood of Mphambho village, Malamulele in Limpopo.
- He started singing in churches. During this time while he sang church hymns in XiTsonga, he developed such a unique singing style – unique enough to get his family encouraging him to pursue music professionally.
- He has recently recorded and released a love song titled Driver Ya Marato featuring fellow Limpopo hitmaker, King Monada.
- Driver Ya Marato is Henny C’s first song to be played nationally with radio stations like Ukhozi FM and Umhlobo Wenene FM playing the song every week.
- Henny C’s Driver Ya Marato is always featuring on Radio Monitor’s Top 100 songs on the radio, often at number 53.
- He is one of the artists featured on Candy Tsamandebele’s current album Still Here on two songs:
… and Awu Ngeneki
- His hit albums include newly released Love and War, Tsonga Prince, Tsonga Prince Revived, and Levels.
- He received two nominations at the 2017 South African Upcoming Music Awards -SAUMA, Best Afropop and Best Male Artist categories, subsequently taking home the Best Male Artist. Also nominated at the Limpopo Music Awards – LIMAS, several times.
- He scooped five awards in total at the annual XiTsonga Music Awards – Best XiTsonga R&B, Best Male, Best R&B, Best Disco, and Doctor Thomas Chauke Album of the Year.
- He has performed at prestigious events such as Mapungubwe Culinary Music Festival, Annual Collins Chabane Cultural Heritage Festival, Benny Mayengani Fill UP Peter Mokaba Stadium, XMA15 Music Awards, Limpopo Province Freedom Day Celebrations, Limpopo Youth Day Celebration, and Standard Bank Joy of Jazz.
Share Our Stories